The services listed below are some of the ways we can help you.
SICK LEAVE CERTIFICATES
ASTHMA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
With over 2 million asthma sufferers in Australia, we have the 3rd highest prevalence of childhood asthma in the world. It is believed 60% of asthma deaths are preventable. Bagga’s Pharmacy has a particular interest in Asthma. Bagga’s pharmacists are trained to help you better manage your Asthma by providing you with up-to-date information and top-line Asthma management products.
DIABETES MANAGEMENT AND BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVEL TESTING
Currently, over one million Australian’s are diagnosed with diabetes, and a further 275 Australian’s develop the disease every day. Research suggests that up to 60% of Type 2 diabetes cases could be prevented. Bagga’s Pharmacy provides Blood Glucose Level Testing in a private consulting room. Please contact us for details.
Blood Glucose Level Testing can detect diabetes, if detected early – Type 2 diabetes can be avoided. Please contact us if you suffer Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes and/ or are registered with the National Diabetes Services scheme (NDSS), for a blood test, please call.
BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORING
- How much exercise you do in a week?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you drink alcohol every day?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you have a family history in heart disease or with blood pressure?
- What is your diet?
The pharmacy offers a quick and easy Blood Pressure monitoring service. High blood pressure, also known as ‘hypertension’ is a health risk and may lead to heart and/or kidney failure, if this symptom is detected and managed, it will reduce your risk greatly.
Our pharmacists will consult with you and provide latest Information and guidance to help you reduce your blood pressure. If any of these questions apply to you – please contact Manish or Jasmin Bagga to arrange a meeting.
MEDICINE ASSISTANCE AND REVIEW
Taking medication should benefit our condition or assist us through certain times. We may need to review our medication regularly when:
- we are perscribed more than one medication;
- when we alter our diet or lifestyle; and or
- recognise a change in how we react to a medication.
The services listed below are how we can help you maintain your medicine and your health.
PATIENT MEDICATION PROFILE
A Patient Medication Profile is a summary of the medicines you take regularly. It helps you to both understand and manage the medicines you take, by explaining how, when and why you should take them. Bagga’s Pharmacy offers a quick and easy Patient Medication Profile service.
DOSE ADMINISTRATION AIDS (DAAS)
A Dose Administration Aid is a sealed pack containing individual doses of your prescribed medicines. Sometimes it can be difficult to remember how often and how much to take of a particular medicine. A DAA will help you remember, so you don’t accidentally take the wrong dose of a prescribed medicine. Bagga’s Pharmacy offers a quick and easy Dose Administration service.
HOME MEDICINE REVIEWS (HMRS)
Home Medicine Reviews are a home consultation with your pharmacist regarding your prescribe medicines. They require a referral from your GP. A HMR will identify any potential side effects of, and possible interactions between, the medicines you are taking. Bagga’s offers a Home Medicine Review service.
CONSUMER MEDICINE INFORMATION (CMI)
Consumer Medicines Information (CMI) leaflets are provided free of charge from your community pharmacy when you receive your medicine. They provide useful information about the medicine you have been prescribed.
A CMI includes:
- The name of a medicine;
- what the medicine is and how it works;
- how to use medicine properly;
- if there are possible side effects;
- other information about which you should be aware.
Bagga’s Pharmacists will explain how your new medicine will effect you, impact on other medicines you are taking including medicine you buy over the counter, without a prescription. Contact us if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALTH CHECK - WHAT IS A HEALTH CHECK?
We get busy in life and before you know it… we may have slipped from our peak condition – and we may need a scrub and polish to feel like new again!
Come into the Bagga’s Pharmacy for a Health Check. A Health Check is a series of steps and questions in order to measure what condition you are in. There are certain health risks associated with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnoea, breathing problems, weight gain and high blood sugars, so this is a simple measure for a personal overview and physical snapshot.
We can assist you by directing you to resources or help to put you on the right track.
- We measure your body weight, your height and your Body Mass Index.
- We measure your body fat with scales that send an electrical current through your body, the amount of resistance gives us indication of body fat.
- We measure your waist circumference with a tape measure, and will access the distribution of body fat in the body, abdominal fat is associated with certain health risks.
- We measure your Cholesterol and Blood Glucose. We will prick the tip of your finger and measure how well your body releases insulin.
- We will take a reading of your blood pressure.
- We will then record your results on your Health Record Card and a consult with you about your condition. We would like to keep in touch with you and assist you in heading to peak condition!